EXAM REGULATIONS AND, ASSESSMENT, AND GRADING
For each course taken at IUE, the student is given one of the letter grades below by the instructor as the semester course grade. Each grade has also its as ECTS grade equivalent
The table below provides the detailed information about the local letter grades, coefficients and ECTS grade equivalents.
|49 and below
*for these ones, the higher grade is applied
In order to be successful in a course, short cycle (associate degree) and first cycle (bachelor’s degree) students have to get a grade of at least DD, second cycle (master's degree) students have to get a grade of at least CC, and third cycle (Ph.D.) students have to get a grade of at least CB to pass a course. For courses which are not included in the cumulative GPA, students need to get a grade of S.
Apart from that, each local grade has it is equivalent ECTS grade which makes it more easier to transfer the grades of mobility periods of students. The chart above shows the ECTS grading system at IUE.
Also, among the Letter Grades;
Not Successful Progress
- Grade of I (Incomplete), is given to students who are not able to meet all the course requirements at the end of the semester or summer school due to a valid justification accepted by the instructor. Students who receive a letter grade “I” must complete their missing course requirements and receive a letter grade within one week following the date the end of semester grades or summer school grades submitted. However, in the event of special cases, this period can be extended until two weeks before the beginning of registration for the next semester, upon the recommendation of the respective Graduate School department head and the decision of that academic unit’s administrative board. Otherwise, grade of “I” will automatically become grade of FF, or grade of U.
- Grade of S (Satisfactory) is given to students who are successful in non-credited courses.
- Grade of U (Unsatisfactory) is given to students who are unsuccessful in non-credited courses.
- Grade of P (Successful Progress) is given to students, who continue to the courses that are not included in the GPA that has a period exceeding one semester, and regularly performs the academic studies for the respective semester.
- Grade of NP (Not Successful Progress) is given to students, who do not regularly perform the academic studies for the respective semester for courses that are not included in the GPA and have a period exceeding one semester.
- Grade of EX (Exempt), is given to students who are exempt from some of the courses in the curriculum.
- Grade of NI (Not included) is issued to identify the courses taken by the student in the program or programs which are not included in the GPA of the student. This grade is reported in the students’ transcripts with the respective letter grade. Such courses are not counted as the courses in the program that the student is registered to.
- Grade of W (Withdrawal) is used for the courses that the student withdraws from in the first ten weeks of the semester following the add/drop period, upon the recommendation of his/ her advisor and the permission of the instructor that teaches the course. A student is not allowed to withdraw from courses during the first two semesters of his/ her associate/undergraduate degree program and from those courses he/she has to repeat and received grade “W” before, which are not included in the grade average. A student is allowed to withdraw from one course, including double major, minor, or certificate program courses, at the most in one semester, and two courses at the most during his/ her associate degree study, and six courses during his/her undergraduate study upon the recommendation of the advisor and the permission of the instructor that teaches the course. A student has to take the course that he/she withdrew from, the first semester in which it is offered. In accordance with the protocols made between Izmir University of Economics and educational institutions or official authorities abroad, the exchange program students being educated at Izmir University of Economics may withdraw from courses upon the recommendation of International Relations Office Directorate and the permission of the instructor. In this case, the rules concerning the grade of “W” will not be applied.
- Grade “NA” (Non-Attendance) is issued by the instructor for students who fail to fulfil the attendance and/or requirements of the course and/or who lose their right to take the end of semester exam because they failed to take any of the exams administered throughout the semester. Grade “NA” is considered as 0, 00 (zero) in taking the averages.
Both the ECTS grades and the local grades of the students are displayed on the official transcript of the students.
NEWS |ALL NEWS
Silver medal in Italy
Onur Cavit Biriz, a national surfer and student of Izmir University of Economics (IUE), won the silver medal for our country by
273 thousand lira research support for project on waste aggregators
The ‘waste aggregators’, who collect recyclable materials such as paper, glass and metal, and contribute to nature and the economy by recycling
Transfer to the ‘Big Four’
4 young people who graduated from Faculty of Business, Izmir University of Economics (IUE) quickly climbed the ladder of success and transferred
Exemplary cooperation from IUE and PwC to support education
The agreement made with PwC firm will provide priority internship and job opportunities to the students of IUE Accounting and Auditing Program.
IUE student Cavit will represent the country in ‘Tokyo’
Onur Cavit Biriz from Izmir, the owner of many cups and medals in Turkey, who started windsurfing as a hobby at the
Philip Harding, Co-founder of Impact Junkie visited IEU
BA201 - Principles of Marketing class hosted social entrepreneur Philip Harding, the founder of Impact Junkie. Impact Junkie is one of the most